WooCommerce is the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution.
Our core platform is free, flexible, and amplified by a global community. The freedom of open-source means you retain full ownership of your store’s content and data forever.
Whether you’re launching a business, taking brick-and-mortar retail online, or developing sites for clients, use WooCommerce for a store that powerfully blends content and commerce.
- Create beautiful, enticing storefronts with themes suited to your brand and industry.
- Increase revenue with an optimized shopping cart experience that converts.
- Customize product pages in minutes using modular product blocks.
- Showcase physical and digital goods, product variations, custom configurations, instant downloads, and affiliate items.
- Sell subscriptions, bookings, or memberships, with our developer-vetted extensions.
- Rise to the top of search results by leveraging WordPress’ SEO advantage.
- Build on a platform that scales. Get flexible eCommerce for high-volume stores.
Built-in tools and popular integrations help you efficiently manage your business operations. Many services are free to add with a single click via the optional Setup Wizard.
- Choose how you want to get paid. Conveniently manage payments from the comfort of your store with WooCommerce Payments (Available in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Spain, France, Germany, and Italy). Securely accept credit cards, mobile wallets, bank transfers, and cash thanks to 100+ payment gateways – including Stripe, PayPal, and Square.
- Configure your shipping options. Print USPS labels right from your dashboard and even schedule a pickup with WooCommerce Shipping (U.S.-only). Connect with well-known carriers such as UPS and FedEx – plus a wide variety of delivery, inventory, and fulfillment solutions for your locale.
- Simplify sales tax. Add WooCommerce Tax or similar integrated services to make automated calculations a reality.
Grow your business, add features, and monitor your store on the go
WooCommerce means business. Keep tabs on the performance metrics most important to you with WooCommerce Admin – a powerful, customizable central dashboard for your store.
Expand your audience across marketing and social channels with Google Ads, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Facebook integrations. You can always check out the in-dashboard Marketing Hub for fresh ideas and tips to help you succeed.
Enhance store functionality with hundreds of free and paid extensions from the official WooCommerce Marketplace. Our developers vet each new extension and regularly review existing extensions to maintain Marketplace quality standards. We are actively looking for products that help store builders create successful stores.
Manage your store from anywhere with the free WooCommerce mobile app (Android and iOS). Spoiler alert: Keep an ear out for the slightly addictive “cha-ching” notification sound each time you make a new sale!
Own and control your store data – forever
With WooCommerce, your data belongs to you. Always.
If you opt to share usage data with us, you can feel confident knowing that it’s anonymized and kept secure. Choose to opt-out at any time without impacting your store.
Unlike hosted eCommerce solutions, WooCommerce store data is future-proof; you’re free to export all your content and take your site to any platform you choose. No restrictions.
Why developers choose (and love) WooCommerce
Developers can use WooCommerce to create, customize, and scale a store to meet a client’s exact specifications, making enhancements through extensions or custom solutions.
- Leverage hooks and filters to modify or create functionality.
- Integrate virtually any service using a robust REST API and webhooks.
- Design and build custom content blocks with React.
- Inspect and modify any aspect of the core plugin code.
- Speed up development with a lightning-fast CLI.
The core platform is tested rigorously and often, supported by a dedicated development team working across time zones. Comprehensive documentation is updated with each release, empowering you to build exactly the store required.
Be part of our growing international community
WooCommerce has a large, passionate community dedicated to helping merchants succeed – and it’s growing fast.
There are WooCommerce Meetups in locations around the world that you can attend for free and even get involved in running. These events are a great way to learn from others, share your expertise, and connect with like-minded folks.
WooCommerce also has a regular presence at WordCamps across the globe – we’d love to meet you.
Contribute and translate
WooCommerce is developed and supported by Automattic, the creators of WordPress.com and Jetpack. We also have hundreds of independent contributors, and there’s always room for more. Head to the WooCommerce GitHub Repository to find out how you can pitch in.
WooCommerce is translated into multiple languages, including Danish, Ukrainian, and Persian. Help localize WooCommerce even further by adding your locale – visit translate.wordpress.org.
This plugin provides 2 blocks.
- Filter by Stock Controls Enable customers to filter the product grid by stock status.
- Filter by Rating Controls Enable customers to filter the product grid by rating.
- PHP 7.2 or greater is recommended
- MySQL 5.6 or greater is recommended
Visit the WooCommerce server requirements documentation for a detailed list of server requirements.
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handle the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of WooCommerce, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New.”
In the search field type “WooCommerce,” then click “Search Plugins.” Once you’ve found us, you can view details about it such as the point release, rating, and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by! Click “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
Manual installation method requires downloading the WooCommerce plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work smoothly, but we still recommend you back up your site.
If you encounter issues with the shop/category pages after an update, flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and hitting “Save.” That should return things to normal.
WooCommerce comes with some sample data you can use to see how products look; import sample_products.xml via the WordPress importer. You can also use the core CSV importer or our CSV Import Suite extension to import sample_products.csv
Where can I find WooCommerce documentation and user guides?
For help setting up and configuring WooCommerce, please refer to Getting Started and the New WooCommerce Store Owner Guide.
For extending or theming WooCommerce, see our codex, as well as the Plugin Developer Handbook.
Where can I get help or talk to other users about WooCommerce Core?
If you get stuck, you can ask for help in the WooCommerce Support Forum by following these guidelines, reach out via the WooCommerce Community Slack, or post in the WooCommerce Community group on Facebook.
Where can I get help for extensions I have purchased on WooCommerce.com?
For assistance with paid extensions from the WooCommerce.com Marketplace: first, review our self-service troubleshooting guide. If the problem persists, kindly log a support ticket via our helpdesk. Our dedicated Happiness Engineers aim to respond within 24 hours.
I’m having trouble logging in to WooCommerce.com – what now?
First, troubleshoot common login issues using this helpful step-by-step guide. Still not working? Get in touch with us.
Will WooCommerce work with my theme?
Yes! WooCommerce will work with any theme but may require some additional styling. If you’re looking for a theme featuring deep WooCommerce integration, we recommend Storefront.
How do I update WooCommerce?
We have a detailed guide on How To Update WooCommerce.
My site broke – what do I do?
Start by diagnosing the issue using our helpful troubleshooting guide.
If you noticed the error after updating a theme or plugin, there might be compatibility issues between it and WooCommerce. If the issue appeared after updating WooCommerce, there could be a conflict between WooCommerce and an outdated theme or plugin.
In both instances, we recommend running a conflict test using Health Check (which allows you to disable themes and plugins without affecting your visitors) or troubleshooting the issue using a staging site.
Where can I report bugs?
Report bugs on the WooCommerce GitHub repository. You can also notify us via our support forum – be sure to search the forums to confirm that the error has not already been reported.
Where can I request new features, themes, and extensions?
Request new features and extensions and vote on existing suggestions on our official feature request board. Our Product teams regularly review requests and consider them valuable for product planning.
WooCommerce is awesome! Can I contribute?
Yes, you can! Join in on our GitHub repository and follow the development blog to stay up-to-date with everything happening in the project.
Where can I find REST API documentation?
Extensive WooCommerce REST API Documentation is available on GitHub.
My question is not listed here. Where can I find more answers?
Check out Frequently Asked Questions for more.
Contributors & Developers
“WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“WooCommerce” has been translated into 66 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “WooCommerce” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix – Add HPOS support to the reserved stock query #36535
- Fix – Comment: Fix inconsistencies on Analytics > Orders table when using date_paid or date_completed #36876
- Fix – Define a public
apiproperty in the WooCommerce class to prevent a PHP deprecation warning #36545
- Fix – Don’t delete order from posts table when deleted from orders table if the later is authoritative and sync is off #36617
- Fix – Eliminate data store internal meta keys duplicates #36611
- Fix – Ensure changes made via the
woocommerce_order_list_table_prepare_items_query_argsare observed. #36649
- Fix – Ensuring that we know if allowTracking is true before adding exit page. #36656
- Fix – Fix Ampersand changed to & on product attribute export #36525
- Fix – Fix decimal points for NOK currency #36780
- Fix – Fix inconsitent product task icon colors #36889
- Fix – Fix WordPress unit tests libraries being installed in a symlinked folder structure #36641
- Fix – Make states optional for Hungary and Bulgaria. #36701
- Fix – Screen ID matching switched to untranslated ‘woocommerce’ strings. #36854
- Fix – Translate the labels for units of measure. #36708
- Fix – Update
node_env_var_name is not definederror. #33828
- Add – Add ‘add_tab’ method in FormFactory to allow plugins to extend the WooCommerce admin product form #36583
- Add – Add @woocommerce/product-editor dependency and change dependency of ProductSectionLayout component. #36600
- Add – Add additional global attributes and local attributes information when saving product attributes #36858
- Add – Add a new Channels card in multichannel marketing page. #36541
- Add – Add an experimental slot for marketing overview extensibility #36828
- Add – Add slot fill support for tabs for the new product management MVP. #36551
- Add – Add survey after disabling new experience #36544
- Add – Add unique sku option to error data when setting product sku #36612
- Add – Add WC-specific criteria to the Site Health test for persistent object caches #35202
- Add – Enable new experience when new user selects “Physical product”. #36406
- Update – Update WooCommerce Blocks to 9.6.5 #37051
- Update – Update WooCommerce Blocks to 9.6.3 #36992
- Update – Update WooCommerce Blocks to 9.6.2 #36919
- Update – Add date_paid and date_completed date sorting options for Revenue and Order reports #36492
- Update – Add default value for backorders #36607
- Update – Add Skydropx, Envia, Sendcloud, Packlink to shipping task #36873
- Update – Always show comments for product feedback form #36484
- Update – Delete FlexSlider code for legacy browsers. #36690
- Update – Disable the new product editor, pending design updates. #36894
- Update – Have “Grow your store” appear first in marketing task by default #36826
- Update – Migrating product editor pricing section to slot fills. #36500
- Update – Refactor slot fills to ensure variant fills have distinct slots. #36646
- Update – Removed I.D column from product import samples #36857
- Update – Remove Meta from grow your store list #36886
- Update – Remove opinionated styles from buttons in block themes so they inherit theme styles more accurately #36651
- Update – Replace $.ajax() calls with browser-native window.fetch() calls. #36275
- Update – Update payment gateway list ordering priority and remove Klarna from North America #36550
- Update – Update Playwright version from 1.28.0 -> 1.30.0 #36789
- Update – Updates to product editor fill to support new prop API. #36592
- Update – Update WooCommerce Blocks 9.6.0 & 9.6.1 #36852
- Dev – Add attribute creation form when there are no attributes #36606
- Dev – Add a unit test for woocommerce_admin_experimental_onboarding_tasklists filter #36827
- Dev – Code refactor on marketing components. #36540
- Dev – Made e2e selectors more robust #36499
- Dev – Remove attribute type logic from attribute component #36563
- Dev – Update eslint to 8.32.0 across the monorepo. #36700
- Dev – Update pnpm command to run e2e tests for consistency. Also update docs with new command. #35287
- Tweak – Add IR and fields priorities to list of get_country_locale() method to follow conventional way of addressing in Iran. #36491
- Tweak – Add missing deprecation notice for filter hook woocommerce_my_account_my_orders_columns. #36356
- Tweak – Adjust default sizes for the quantity and coupon input fields within the cart page. #29122
- Tweak – Do not display low/out-of-stock information in the dashboard status widget when stock management is disabled. #36703
- Tweak – Remove free trial terms from Avalara tax task #36888
- Tweak – Tweak product link description and display in the new product management experience #36591
- Enhancement – Change the sass variable names to more predictable ones. #28908