This plugin create shortcodes to restrict the access to Visitors, Members or specific role. You can create sections in your page/post only visible to members (logged users), visitors or for an specific role.
To use you need to create the content and wrap it with these shortcodes: [visitor], [member] or [showifrole].
- You can use the parameters ‘is’ and ‘msg’. If you not specify them, the default value will be use instead.
- The paramater ‘is’ is use it with the shortcode [showifrole] to check for that specific user. The default value is ‘administrator’.
- And ‘msg’ is the message the system is going to show. You can use html code with single apostrophes (‘). The default value is null.
content only visible to visitors
[member msg=”You need to Login to see this content.”]
content only visible to members
content only visible for administrators
[showifrole is=author msg=”You don’t have the required role.”]
content only visible for authors
To install this plugin just follow the standard procedure.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Any question?
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will answer you as soon as I can.
Contributors & Developers
“Members Restricted Access” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Now you can use nested shortcodes, so you can use a any shortcode inside our shortcode verification.
- Add the parameters for message in the members, visitors and showifrole shortcodes.
- Add a default value for ‘is’ and ‘msg’.
- Added the shortcode to check by role.
- Just launch the plugin!