Automatically create and accept friendships for specified users upon new user registration. * Requires BuddyPress
Upload the bp-automatic-friends folder to the plugins directory in your WordPress installation
Activate the plugin
Click on the “Automatic Friends” link under the Users Menu.
Configure your BuddyPress Automatic Friends options.
To a WordPress Installation near you.
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress Automatic Friends” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“BuddyPress Automatic Friends” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “BuddyPress Automatic Friends” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updates usage of
- WordPress version 5.9 compatibilty
- Resolves PHP strict error when calling
- Bumps version compatibilty for WordPress 4.5
- Bumps version compatibilty for WordPress 4.4.2
- Disables email notifications. In situations with hundreds of users, this can get SPAMMY fast
- Adds icon assets for plugin directory
- Hot fix for autocomplete search results
- Now with more Portuguese – Thanks to Renato Alves
- Limits number of users returned via ajax suggest to improve performance with large datasets
- Now with more Spanish – Thanks to Maria Ramos
- Major OOP rewrite
- Admin Menu compliance with modern BuddyPress versions
- Themes options page
- Adds donate links
- Autocomplete on Global Friend suggestions
- Ajax actions for adding/removing global friends
- General beautification
- Removes hooks from account sign-up and activation.
- Friendships are now created upon a new user’s first login.
- Resolves conflict with plugins such as “Disable Activation” that bypass the activation process.
- Post form to admin settings based on get_admin_url – fixes 404 upon saving form options in multisite installs
- Removed debug output on user activation page
- Update code comments to PHPDoc
- Create friendships upon user activation rather than user registration
- Update friend counts for new users upon
- Add display that shows which users are selected via the admin panel.
- Update admin menu hook to support multisite.
- Update to support BuddyPress 1.5
- First official release